Stone Oak Church is governed by the Session, which consists of seven members of the congregation known as Elders.
- The Elders are elected by the congregational membership for a term of three years.
- The Session members cannot be re-elected until after a one-year hiatus of not being on the Session.
- The Session Moderator, who is a non-voting member of the clergy, chairs the session meetings. The meetings are open to all church members and are held at 7:00 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at the church.
- The Clerk of Session, who is also non-voting, records the minutes of the meetings. The minutes are posted on the website for view by all church members.
Current Elders and corresponding term expirations are:
Dave Durrant, 210-387-2929 (2019) Keith Parker, 210-789-3861 (2021)
Margaret Swartz, 210-215-2359 (2019) Donna Jo Thompson, 210-789-8452 (2021)
Lori Grimes, 210-326-5562 (2020) Cody Wilkerson, 210-392-0247 (2021)
Judy Wallace, 210-473-1771 (2020) Joe Cesmirosky, Clerk of Session
- The July Elder of the Month is Lori Grimes.